Paul was born, raised and educated in Birmingham. He retired from substantive roles in the NHS in January 2017, after 38 years’ service; nearly 20 of which were as a Chief Officer or Chief Executive. He has led a wide range of NHS organisations, as well as being recognised both regionally and nationally for his work This has included: perinatal services; critical care; renal and transplantation services; services for older people; and chairing a number of clinical networks and task groups to deliver improved services. Paul was made a Fellow of the Faculty of Public Health by Distinction in 2010.
Dr Andrew Coward has been a GP at The Kings Norton Surgery for 25 years and has always lived in Birmingham.
As Chair of BSC, he is responsible for leading the governing body, providing strategic direction and ensuring that patients’ views are heard.
Denise Plumpton is an independent business consultant with 35 years’ corporate experience in a variety of sectors.
Her remit at BSC is to be a critical friend who ensures its decisions reflect patients’ needs, deliver measurable benefits and are affordable.
John Guggenheim has worked at senior level in NHS finance for more than 20 years and he is responsible for managing BSC's finances. This includes advising on the best possible use of public money and ensuring that the CCG meets its legal accounting and auditing requirements. He strives to improve healthcare services while remaining within budget.
Christine Barve worked in NHS finance for 24 years before becoming a freelance garden designer.
Having spent most of her career in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and London, she brings an external perspective from working with communities, providers and service models outside Birmingham.
- Local Authority Representative: John Denley
- Public Health Representative: Dennis Wilkes
- Secondary Care Consultant: Dr Mark Gannon
- Practice Manager Lead: Naila Ahmed (Equality and Diversity Lead)
- Clinical Vice Chair & Central Network Lead: Dr Raj Ramachandram
- Central Network Lead: Dr Aman Mann
- Central Network Lead: Dr Andreas Melchior
- Edgbaston Network Lead: Dr Clare Elliott
- Kings Norton Network Lead: Dr Nitesh Mistry
- Northfield Network Lead: Dr Mukesh Bhardwaj (Caldicott Guardian)
- Pershore Network Lead: Asfia Aftab
- Network Lead West Birmingham: Dr Zafar Ali